This simple spring soup from white asparagus to eat with crusty white bread.
- white asparagus, roughly chopped: 300 g
- a large piece of butter:
- onions, sliced: 2 EA.
- vegetable broth: 1.5 l
- flour: 1.5 tbsp
- olive oil: 2 tbsp
- bacon, cut: 2 strips
- salt, pepper: to taste
1. Heat the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions, stir, cover and cook for about 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, slice the asparagus. Add to the pan when the onion is browned. Mix well, add a pinch of salt and pepper, again cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. While the asparagus is roasting, heat a skillet over high heat and add olive oil. When it is hot, add the bacon and fry it until Golden brown. Add the bacon to the pan with asparagus and cook for 10 minutes. Add a little broth to the pan, where roasted bacon, and then pour it in the pan.
4. Add the flour and mix well. Gradually pour in the stock, stirring all the time.
5. Bring the soup to a boil, remove from the heat and beat with a blender. Return to low heat and cook for another 20 minutes. Season to taste.
6. Cream soup of white asparagus can be fed with an additional portion of fried bacon.