Raspberry and summer berry with a perfectly sweet taste, as well as a treasure trove of vitamins and minerals. This berry is loved by all, regardless of age. Raspberry strengthens the immune system and body resistance to various infections and viruses. Known for its antipyretic, anti-inflammatory properties. Even the predominance of valuable vitamin C, unlike other berries, makes the taste of sour raspberry. After all, remember how good it can be juicy and sweet.
Features of raspberry and raspberry jam
- soothes and tones;
- helps fight mood swings, stress and depression;
- contains a lot of fiber to help digestion;
- able to replace simple medicines;
- easily digested due to the presence of fructose;
- contains iron, folic acid, organic acids;
- a wonderful aphrodisiac.
Even after making jam, jam, compote, raspberries in canned form retains useful properties. So in winter, when the first syndromes of cold, you should drink warm tea with a spoon of jam out of this delicious berries. For greater effect, you can add honey. A simple recipe for raspberry jam is that amount of raspberries and sugar taken in equal proportions.
Every family kept its own special recipe that is passed down from grandmother to mother and from mother to daughter. Therefore, there are infinite variations on this theme. In addition to the classic recipe, often cooked raspberry jam, jam “orientation meeting” or use a simple recipe, where the cooking does not need. Popular raspberry jam recipe with the addition of apples, honey and even tomatoes!
A classic recipe raspberry jam
- 1 kg fresh raspberries (preferably not too ripe);
- 1 kg of sugar;
- A glass of water (250 grams).
Before cooking raspberry jam, you need to get rid of the raspberry beetle and its larvae. It is enough to berries pour boiled water. An hour later, all the extra items will float to the surface. After that, the raspberries need more time to wash and dry.
- Berries, cover with sugar and leave overnight in a cool dark place;
- After 5 hours raspberry with sugar will give the juice and make syrup;
- The syrup must be poured into a saucepan and put on low fire;
- The first time you need to cook until boiling. As soon as berry syrup comes to a boil, reduce the heat and cook, stirring the syrup with a slotted spoon;
- During cooking, the surface will appear foam. It is necessary to periodically remove and put in bowl.
It is recommended to cook the syrup for about 5-10 minutes, then allow to cool and immediately roll up in banks.